Cobra 75 WXST CB

The H3 doesn't have DIN room for an additional component like a CB radio, so I went with a device that has a head unit that mounts under the dash with a compact remote handset that has all the controls. Cobra makes a four-watt CB with a channel scanner and noise reducer, two features I wanted since my last Cobra CB in the Montero.

I mounted the small head unit just under the steering column on the firewall, the easiest spot for the install while allowing adequate distance to the handset and accessibility for the antenna connection.

The handset is mounted on the ProClip mount I initially installed for an iPhone. I've relocated the iPhone to the over side of the panel with NiteIze Steelie mount.

Eighteen feet of coaxial cable with Pl-259 Connectors connect the head to the 4' Firestick tunable antenna mounted behind the spare on the rear of the H3.

Popular posts from this blog

PCM of NC

Rear Door Mod

Garvin Roof Rack